I'm Having Trouble Watching in The Chosen App.
Let's try a few things:
1. Log out of The Chosen app
2. Hard close (force close) the app
3. Uninstall the app
4. Reboot your device
5. Reinstall the app
6. Log in with your email and try again
If you continue to experience buffering, it may be that you don't have a fast enough internet or data connection. Have you tried downloading the episodes to see if that helps? Each episode has a download/arrow icon you can click which should improve your viewing experience.
I Can't Cast From My App To My TV Device.
Let's first, please make sure you’ve tried these basic troubleshooting steps:
- Is your device turned on and all set up?
- Is your phone/tablet’s WiFi turned on and on the same network as your TV device?
- Have you tried force/hard closing The Chosen app and rebooting both devices?
- Do you have the most updated version of The Chosen app?
If you have gone through all of these and you’re still having trouble, some possibilities are that your internet is too weak to register that the device is there waiting or you may need to update your device.
One other possibility is that many home routers these days have what is known as “AP isolation.” This prevents devices on the same WiFi network from talking to each other. You may need to check your router settings to make sure AP isolation is turned off. The process for this is different depending on your router, so a quick Google search or look at your user manual should tell you how to turn this off.
I'm Having Trouble Watching in Web Player.
To unlock all of season 1 in the web player, you will need to either purchase a PIF (Pay-It-Forward) or The Chosen DVD or Blu-Ray (you can watch all episodes for free in The Chosen app). If you've done this and still cannot watch in the player, let's try a few things:
- Make sure you're using Google Chrome as your web browser.
- If you are already using Chrome, clear your cache! Here's how:
- At the top right click or the three dots or lines.
- Click "More tools" > Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
If that still doesn't work, please try an incognito browser (click those same 3 vertical dots in the upper right corner, then click New Incognito Window). Type in the website again and give it another try.
I Can't Access My Digital Copy.
Your digital copy is the same as you would receive from Vudu, Ultra-Violet, or Amazon. It's not a file that can be downloaded for copy or transfer. You can access your digital episodes on The Chosen website or The Chosen app:
The Chosen website: https://studios.vidangel.com/the-chosen/player
The Chosen app: thechosen.tv/app
My Chosen DVD Won't Play.
- Try it in a different player, even on a computer/laptop if that's all you have, to see if it'll play there.
- Check the settings on your player and try adjusting them. We've seen this work for most people!
- If it looks zoomed in, you probably need to make sure your player knows it’s connected to a Widescreen (16:9) TV, it might also be called "anamorphic." It should have a setting somewhere (every player is different).
Also, your TV may need to know it’s going to be receiving a 16:9 signal (every TV model does it somewhat differently). Once those are synced up and both the TV and the disc player know they are supposed to be playing back the video in Anamorphic Widescreen (a.k.a. 16:9) it should look correct.
If you're still having trouble, click the help button below!