- Check for software updates on your Fire TV by navigating through [Settings > My Fire TV > About > Check for updates]. If your device finds an update, click 'Install Update'.
- Next, restart your Fire TV [Settings > My Fire TV > Restart] and your mobile device.
- Make sure The Chosen app is updated to the latest version on your device.
- Verify that your Fire TV and mobile device are connected to the same network (Dual-band routers offer a 2.4G and a 5G signal, make sure both devices are on the same one).
- Open The Chosen app and try again.
What else may prevent my Fire TV from appearing on the discovery screen?
- Your iOS device does not have permission to access other devices on your network.
If your Apple iPhone or iPad is running iOS 14 or higher, you are required to grant "Local Network" access to allow the mobile app to see and connect with your Fire TV. You can use the steps below to give your iOS device permission to access your Fire TV device.
- Open Settings on your iPhone or iPad (running iOS 14 or higher)
- Scroll down to The Chosen app and tap it.
- Tap the Local Network setting until the slider button is green.
- Your mobile device is connected to a VPN.
A Virtual Private Network, or VPN, is commonly used when you work from home and need to connect your computer or mobile device to the work network. Check that your mobile device is not connected to a VPN when using The Chosen app since some VPN applications route all traffic through the VPN and therefore cause your Fire TV device not to be visible.
If you're still having issues casting to your Fire TV after following the steps above, please contact the customer support team by clicking the link below.