Note: iOS Devices can't Airplay to Samsung Smart TV through The Chosen app.
- Restart your Android mobile device and your Samsung Smart TV(unplug and plug back in).
- Make sure both devices are updated to their latest software versions. How to update your Samsung Smart TV.
- Verify The Chosen app is updated to the latest version on your device.
- Verify that both devices are connected to the same network(Dual-band routers offer a 2.4G and a 5G signal, make sure both devices are on the same one).
- Verify that your Android device is allowed to cast to your Samsung Smart TV. You can check that on your Samsung Smart TV by navigating to Settings > General > External Device Manager > Device Connect Manager > Device List > Make sure your device is set to Allowed.
What else may prevent my Samsung Smart TV from appearing on the discovery screen?
- Your iOS device does not have permission to access other devices on your network.
If your Apple iPhone or iPad is running iOS 14 or higher, you are required to grant "Local Network" access to allow the mobile app to see and connect with your TV. You can use the steps below to give your iOS device permission.
- Open Settings on your iPhone or iPad (running iOS 14 or higher)
- Scroll down to The Chosen app and tap it.
- Tap the Local Network setting until the slider button is green.
- Your mobile device is connected to a VPN.
A Virtual Private Network, or VPN, is commonly used when you work from home and need to connect your computer or mobile device to the work network. Check that your mobile device is not connected to a VPN when using The Chosen app since some VPN applications route all traffic through the VPN and therefore cause your TV device not to be visible.
If you're still having issues casting to your TV after following the steps above, please contact the customer support team by clicking the link below.