Let's first please make sure you’ve tried these basic troubleshooting steps:
- Is your Roku turned on and all set up?
- Is your phone’s WiFi turned on and on the same network as your Roku? (Dual-band routers offer a 2.4G and a 5G signal, make sure both devices are on the same one.)
- Have you tried force/hard closing the Chosen app and rebooting both devices?
- Do you have the most updated version of the Chosen app?
- Please update the Roku by going to Settings> System> System Update> Check Now
Another thing you can check is your Advance System Settings on your Roku. To do this, please go to the Roku Settings > System > Advanced System Settings and then enable "Device Connect" and "Control By Mobile Apps."
If you have gone through all of these and you’re still having trouble, some possibilities are that your internet is too weak to register that there is a device there waiting or your Roku may not have the casting technology needed.
Let's first, please make sure you’ve tried these basic troubleshooting steps:
1. Reboot the Fire TV device and make sure it is up to date. You can power reset your FireTV/Firestick by unplugging it from its power source for at least 30 seconds and/or restart the Firestick by using the remote to go to: SETTINGS > MY FIRE TV > RESTART. Don't forget to check for updates
2. Reboot your home network modem and/or router. You can do this by unplugging the device and waiting for all the lights to fully dim, then plug it back in.
3. Force close the Chosen mobile app, reboot the mobile device and then re-open the mobile Chosen app to try casting again.
You may have to do the power reset on your FireTV/Firestick more than once.
If you have gone through all of these and you’re still having trouble, some possibilities are that your internet is too weak to register that there is a device there waiting or you may need to do a factory reset on your Fire Stick.
First, make sure your Chromecast is connected to the same Wifi network as the mobile device you're casting from.
If you're still having trouble, you may consider connecting your Chromecast to your screen using the small HDMI extension cable that came with your Chromecast. We recommend this option for the following reasons:
- The extension moves the Chromecast away from the body of the TV or receiver it’s plugged into. Doing so often improves reception and allows Wi-Fi signals to better reach the tiny antenna in the dongle.
- HDMI port spacing can be a bit crowded on a lot of television sets, making it difficult to fully plug in a dongle.
- Using the cable can protect your Chromecast dongle from the heat given off by many TV screens.
Try rebooting your Chromecast from your Google Home app: Click Here
First, I'd like to have you force/hard close (to update) your Chosen mobile app on your iPhone or iPad. From there, open the Chosen mobile app and follow these steps:
1. Reboot the Apple TV by unplugging it and then allowing it to boot back up.
2. Manually restart the device:
To restart on Apple TV 3rd generation and earlier, go to Settings > General > Restart. (Notice "Software Updates" at the top of the second picture.)
To restart on Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD, go to Settings > System > Restart. (Notice "Software Updates" in the second picture.)
3. Update the Apple TV device.
ON YOUR CHOSEN APP
4. Open the mobile The Chosen app and press the casting button in the upper-right corner.
5. A list will appear of available devices. (Be sure that your iOS device and Apple TV are on the same network/bandwidth.)
6. Tap on the episode you'd like to start. The player window will open.
7. Press the play button that appears in the player window.
TO STOP CASTING:
8. Return to the Main Watch Screen and click on the casting button once again.
9. Tap on "Stop Casting" in the window that pops up:
If these options don't work for you right now, we do have another suggestion!
Many people have had success connecting a laptop to their TV using an HDMI cable.
Here's what an HDMI cable looks like:
Here's an instructional video that might help: How to Connect Your TV to Your Laptop using an HDMI Cable.
You can watch the episodes on our web player.
If you need any additional help, you can contact the Chosen support team by emailing our team here.