First, make sure your Chromecast is connected to the same Wifi network as the mobile device you're casting from.
If you're still having trouble, you may consider connecting your Chromecast to your screen using the small HDMI extension cable that came with your Chromecast. We recommend this option for the following reasons:
- The extension moves the Chromecast away from the body of the TV or receiver it’s plugged into. Doing so often improves reception and allows Wi-Fi signals to better reach the tiny antenna in the dongle.
- HDMI port spacing can be a bit crowded on a lot of television sets, making it difficult to fully plug in a dongle.
- Using the cable can protect your Chromecast dongle from the heat given off by many TV screens.
Try rebooting your Chromecast from your Google Home app: Click Here
First, I'd like to have you force/hard close (to update) your Chosen mobile app on your iPhone or iPad. From there, open the Chosen mobile app and follow these steps:
1. Reboot the Apple TV by unplugging it and then allowing it to boot back up.
2. Manually restart the device:
To restart on Apple TV 3rd generation and earlier, go to Settings > General > Restart. (Notice "Software Updates" at the top of the second picture.)
To restart on Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD, go to Settings > System > Restart. (Notice "Software Updates" in the second picture.)
3. Update the Apple TV device.
4. Open the mobile The Chosen app and press the casting button in the upper-right corner.
5. A list will appear of available devices. (Be sure that your iOS device and Apple TV are on the same network/bandwidth.)
6. Tap on the episode you'd like to start. The player window will open.
7. Press the play button that appears in the player window.
TO STOP CASTING:
8. Return to the Main Watch Screen and click on the casting button once again.
9. Tap on "Stop Casting" in the window that pops up:
If these options don't work for you right now, we do have another suggestion!
Many people have had success connecting a laptop to their TV using an HDMI cable.
Here's what an HDMI cable looks like:
Here's an instructional video that might help: How to Connect Your TV to Your Laptop using an HDMI Cable.
You can watch the episodes on our web player.
If you need any additional help, you can contact the Chosen support team by emailing our team here.